Pest Control Officer
Eco Science Nig. ltd
Eco Science Nig. ltd is a leading company in the Environmental and Health Industry. We are looking to hire and train a Pest Control Officer to be responsible for identifying, mixing, and applying chemical or manual solutions to eliminate pests. Identifies pest problem and appropriate solution applies chemical or trap.
- Minimum Qualification: HND
- Experience Level: 3
- Experience Length: 2
- Inspect the property to ascertain possible sites of pest invasion and determine the treatment type required to eliminate and prevent infestation.
- Identify invading pests, including rats, termites, snakes, wasps, ants, spiders, mosquitoes, or bed bugs.
- Create Wood Destroying Insect reports including recommendations.
- Measure area dimensions requiring treatment.
- Create/coordinate with CA to create termite treatment estimates.
- Apply chemical solutions, powders, and granules on or near surfaces of a building or house to eliminate pests.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed for application and reentry.
- Utilize appropriate protective gear and equipment during application.
- Cut or bore into buildings to access infested areas.
- Make minor exclusions including installing bath trap covers.
- Build positive, strong relationships with clients. Work to exceed client expectations.
- Make suggestions to clients on how to avoid pest problems when appropriate.
- Report to client contact person before and after providing pest prevention services. Whenever possible, explain actual or potential problems to clients face-to-face.
- Manage clients through company-provided technology.
- Know and adhere to all TDA regulations as well as follow all label instructions.
- BSc in Agriculture or any other related courses
- 2 years of working experience in the related field is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of common practices, tools and terminology used to control pests; thorough knowledge of the use and characteristics of pesticides.
- Thorough knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions associated with the work.
- Ability to work from sketches, drawings, plans or specifications
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to apply pesticides chemicals in accordance with established regulations and to read, understand and follow chemical label instructions
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations to estimate materials and time needed to complete a task
- Skilled in the use of tools and equipment necessary to perform tasks (includes Computer, iPad, rigs, termite rods, etc)
- Salary: NGN30,000-N50,000
- Continuous Training