Terms and Conditions for Jobseekers
For the purposes of the Enugu-Jobs Terms and Conditions (“Terms”), all references to “you” or “your” shall mean you, the individual or organization accessing this Site in your capacity as a Jobseeker.
Your access to and use of the information, materials and services provided on this Site is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with the Terms below.
Depending on the service selected, there may be other terms that govern your relationship with Enugu-Jobs in addition to these Terms.
The Site is owned by The Enugu SME Center defined as ("The Enugu SME Center", "we", "us" and "our")
The Site is operated by . All rights accorded to Enugu-Jobs, are also accorded to . Note that all job advertisements will be posted on Enugu-Jobs and Platforms
Your continued use of this Site will be deemed as your acceptance of these Terms.
A. Job Advertisements
- Searching for a job on Enugu-Jobs is free for Jobseekers. Job Ads are created and provided by third parties over whom Enugu-Jobs exercises no control; you acknowledge and understand that Enugu-Jobs has no control over the content of Job Ads, links to or from Job Ads, or any conditions third parties might impose once a Jobseeker has submitted an application or left the Site. Enugu-Jobs will, however, vet all Job Ads to prevent the submission of Jobs that require candidates to pay a fee,charge, cost or any money whatsoever to apply for any job advertised on the Site. By agreeing to these terms, you acknowledge that if you obtain a job from Enugu-jobs, your employer may require you to undergo training provided by the Enugu SME Center. The Enugu SME Center will make available a Human Capital Loan for the training once you have been placed into a job, which will be repaid by your employer from your monthly salary over a maximum period of six months.
- If you leave the Enugu-Jobs Site and choose to enter a third-party website, you accept any terms and conditions imposed by that third-party. Enugu-Jobs has no obligation to screen any Job Ads, or to include any Job Ads in its search results or other advertisements, and may exclude or remove any Job Ads from the Site for any or no reason. We cannot confirm the accuracy or completeness of any Job Ad or other information submitted by any Employer or other user, including the identity of such Employer or other user. Enugu-Jobs assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability, or availability of any Job Ads, Company Pages, screener questions and responses, and assessments.
- You are not permitted to use Enugu-Jobs' Site or its content other than for non-commercial purposes
B. Applying for Jobs through Enugu-Jobs
- Enugu-Jobs may use your application information to determine whether you may be interested in a Job Advertisement, and Enugu-Jobs may reach out to you about the applicable Job Advertisement. Enugu-Jobs may store such information, regardless of whether a Job Advertisement has been closed or is no longer available on the Site. To maintain the quality of the Site and Services, Enugu-Jobs at its sole discretion may impose limits on your ability to apply to Job Advertisements or to other Enugu-Jobs services. In addition, when you indicate your interest in a Job Listing through Enugu-Jobs through applying or RSVPing to a hiring event, you are sending your resume and application information to Enugu-Jobs, and you are requesting and authorizing Enugu-Jobs to make available such application information to the applicable Employer(s) for the relevant Job Advertisment(s). When you request Enugu-Jobs to transmit an application or a message, including, but not limited to, a signed offer letter, to an Employer via Enugu-Jobs Apply or Enugu-Jobs' Relay system, or store such application, you understand that this is without warranty, and that Enugu-Jobs reserves the right to reformat such application or message.
- When you apply for a job using “Enugu-Jobs Apply,” Enugu-Jobs will attempt to send your application to the contact information provided to us by an Employer or their Agent. We cannot guarantee that such messages and applications will be delivered, received, accessed, read or acted upon. Enugu-Jobs also does not guarantee that any Employer will receive, be notified about, access, read or respond to any such resume or other application material, or that there will be no mistakes in the transmission or storage of the data. Please note that Job Ads may expire between the time you submit your application and the time it is received by the Employer. Enugu-Jobs has no responsibility for expired Job Ads or for delivering applications prior to a Job Ad’s expiration. In addition we cannot vouch for the validity of the contact information provided to us by Employers. We also cannot vouch for the technical capabilities of any third party sites, including but not limited to Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs). If you do not feel comfortable sending an application or messages in this manner, or having your application or messages stored on Enugu-Jobs, do not use the Enugu-Jobs Apply or Enugu-Jobs relay functions and please send your application or messages directly to the Employer via any other method you so choose, including the public mail system. You may contact the Employer directly to find alternative methods of application if you do not wish to apply through Enugu-Jobs. By using the Enugu-Jobs Apply system, you fully consent to the above.
- If you require alternative methods of screening or application, you must approach the Employer directly to request the relevant methods as Enugu-Jobs is not responsible for the Employer application process.
- By using Enugu-Jobs, you agree that Enugu-Jobs is not responsible for the content of the Employer’s job application, messages, screener questions, skills assessments or their format or method of delivery, and that Enugu-Jobs does not guarantee receipt of your application by the Employer, or your receipt of messages from the Employer. Please note that Enugu-Jobs does not choose the questions asked by Employers or decide the job qualification criteria of Employers. Some questions may be labeled as Optional, indicating only that the application may be submitted to the Employer without providing an answer. Enugu-Jobs cannot guarantee that the Employer will consider such an application or make a particular determination with regard to such an application.
- Enugu-Jobs may inform Jobseekers that an Employer’s job requirements do not appear on their resume; this information is presented without warranty and Enugu-Jobs does not guarantee that updating a resume will result in any job offer.
- Enugu-Jobs does not guarantee the identity of an Employer or any individuals working for any Employers, and cautions Jobseekers when applying to jobs.
- Enugu-Jobs cannot make any guarantee regarding health and safety measures in an Employer’s hiring or interviewing process. Enugu-Jobs recommends Jobseekers follow personal health and safety best practices as recommended by the World Health Organization or similar institution.
- Enugu-Jobs does not guarantee the validity of a job offer and cautions Jobseekers to verify the validity of a job offer before taking an adverse action regarding their current employment situations. Jobseekers are solely responsible for verifying the accuracy of any Employer or job offer.
- Enugu-Jobs may use your application materials (including resumes and responses to screener questions) and the recency of your activity on Enugu-Jobs to determine whether the words of any Jobseeker’s resume and answers to screener questions match the words of a Job Advertisement or Resume query, and vice-versa. You agree and consent that Enugu-Jobs may differentiate those matching resumes and screener questions from those that do not match, and present them to Employers as matches or not matches. Enugu-Jobs may also use such information in order to improve the Site or any other Enugu-Jobs product or service (including by displaying or otherwise making available potentially relevant Job Adveetisements and resumes to Jobseekers and Employers). By using Enugu-Jobs Apply and answering screener questions, you acknowledge that Employers may have instructed Enugu-Jobs to send out rejection notices if your answers do not match the answers sought by the Employer, and you acknowledge that Enugu-Jobs has no discretion in the transmission of these rejections.
- In some cases, Employers will allow Enugu-Jobs to message Jobseekers on their behalf. You acknowledge and agree that Enugu-Jobs has no discretion in the sending of these messages, and that any such messages are solely a result of the Employer’s decision to not take an action on your application on Enugu-Jobs within the time period selected by the Employer. Any interactions the Employer has directly with you and not through a tool provided by Enugu-Jobs (for example, calling or emailing you directly instead of through an Enugu-Jobs Relay Service) are not visible to Enugu-Jobs.
C. Communications and Other Actions on the Site
- When you view, send, store or receive materials (including Job Adveetisments, resumes, and messages) through or using the Site, Enugu-Jobs may, for example, use such materials for data analysis, quality control, or to refine the Site or any other Enugu-Jobs product or service (including to provide better search results and other listings for Jobseekers and Employers), whether via automated means or otherwise. When an Employer views, sends, stores or receives materials through or using the Site, Enugu-Jobs may also inform you that an Employer has taken an action with regards to a Job Ad, your Resume, or your application, such as pausing or closing a Job Ad, opening your Resume or application, viewing your Resume or application, responding to your Resume or application, and making a decision with regards to your application or Job Ad.
D. Screening Tools
- Enugu-Jobs may make screening tools available to Employers for Employer use in the application process, including screener questions, phone screen tools and assessments. Enugu-Jobs is licensing these tools for Employers’ use as determined by Employers. As a Jobseeker, you agree that the Employer has made the determination to use these tools as part of its application process, and the questions asked are solely determined by the Employer, and are not being asked by Enugu-Jobs. The Employer is the sole party to determine which answers will qualify a candidate and is solely responsible for the use of the screening tool including any results which are considered to have a “disparate impact”. You further acknowledge that only the Employer is responsible for offering alternative methods of screening.
- Class Action Waiver
- By using the Site and in return for the services offered by Enugu-Jobs, you acknowledge that Enugu-Jobs can only offer you these services under the terms and conditions as presented herein. As partial consideration for your use of the Site and these services, you agree not to sue Enugu-Jobs as a class plaintiff or class representative, join as a class member, or participate as an adverse party in any way in a class-action lawsuit against Enugu-Jobs regarding your use of the Site. Additionally, as a Jobseeker, your use of job search on the Site is at no charge and you acknowledge that part of the price you are paying to use this Site is your acceptance of these terms of service including this Class Action Waiver. If you do not agree to any part of these terms, you may cease use of the Site. Nothing in this paragraph, however, limits your rights to bring a lawsuit as an individual plaintiff, including in small claims court, subject to Section D above.